Let us help you sponsor a free tax site!
Organization must provide:
- A location for tax prep that can accommodate people with physical disabilities (ADA compliant)
- At least one person to act as a Site Coordinator and Quality Reviewer
- At least one person to prepare returns
- Computers, printer, and internet access
- Compliance with all IRS/VITA rules and regulations
Organization must also complete and submit certain paperwork to the IRS and the Program Director in order to obtain authorization to electronically file (e-file) returns using the IRS’ software (TaxWise).
What we provide:
- Training and training materials
- Assistance with obtaining certification and understanding procedures
- Advertisement for your site. Advertising is done by newspaper ads, radio ads, flyers, the internet, and social media.
- Help in recruiting volunteers for your site. Volunteer recruitment is conducted using newspaper ads, radio ads, flyers, the internet, and social media.
- An experienced volunteer to assist with the setup of the TaxWise software and with site operations.
- Ongoing assistance with any problems or questions that arise during a site’s operations
- Modest stipends for Site Coordinators
- Some equipment if sites cannot provide their own (subject to availability and certain limitations)
- A survey form for completion by taxpayers from which demographic data and taxpayer profiles are compiled and shares the results with partnering sites.
- A food allowance for volunteers working after regular business hours or on weekends
- End-of-season results which are compiled from various reports accessible with the TaxWise software.
And as a Special Thank You…
A Mahalo and Recognition Event for all volunteers at the end of the season. Airfare, car, and one-night hotel accommodations are provided to neighbor island site coordinators to enable them to attend.