2021 OPEN TO THE PUBLIC SITE LIST – Updated 02/06/2021
ALL SITES CLOSED ON STATE AND FEDERAL HOLIDAYS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR EACH SITE CAREFULLY
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULES AS LISTED
MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL SITES
Honolulu – 96813
HAWAII STATE CAPITOL
***Full – Not Scheduling Any More Appointments***
APPOINTMENT REQUIRED – NO WALK INS
MASKS REQUIRED – NO EXCEPTIONS
DROP OFF: You will show your Picture ID and Social Security Cards (for everyone who will be listed on the tax return). You will need to submit a completed Intake Form. You will also need to bring ORIGINALS OF YOUR TAX DOCUMENTS AND ONE COPY OF THOSE TAX DOCUMENTS. WE CANNOT MAKE COPIES FOR YOU.
PICK UP: A volunteer will review your return with you. If everything is correct, you will be given a hard copy of your return and sign the approval for electronic filing
Honolulu – 96819
ALU LIKE, INC. – Central
2969 Mapunapuna Place, Suite 200
Tuesdays, 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Office Is Closed – Do NOT Stop By Without An Appointment
Call (808) 758-4213 for an appointment
Start: 3/02 – End: 3/30
OAHU – Central/Leeward
Aiea – 96701
1260 Kuala Street
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00am – 3:00pm
Call (808) 423-1391 – APPOINTMENT REQUIRED
Start: 2/25 – End: 4/13
Waialua – 96791
WAIALUA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
67-292 Goodale Avenue A2
Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 9:00 am-3:00pm
DROP OFF ONLY – PICKUP THE FOLLOWING WEEK
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call (808) 397-5402
Start: 2/1 – End: 3/31
Hilo – 96720
FEBRUARY 27th – DROP OFF ONLY
MARCH 6th — PICK UP and DROP OFF
MARCH 13th — DROP OFF ONLY
1990 Kinoole Street – Inside Hallway
9:30 – 2:00 pm
HILO FREE TAX PREPARATION
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
DUE TO COVID, SITE PROCEDURES HAVE CHANGED. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO DROP OFF YOUR TAX DOCUMENTS ON ONE DAY AND RETURN A WEEK LATER TO PICK UP YOUR COMPLETED RETURNS. THERE WILL BE NO TAX PREPARATION DONE AT THE SITE.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED – NO EXCEPTIONS
BRING ORIGINAL AND ONE COPY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Picture ID for yourself and spouse (if any)
- Social Security Card for yourself, spouse (if any), and all dependents (if any)
- ALL tax-related documents (For example, W-2, Social Security benefits, Unemployment Benefits, Interest Earned (1099-INT), Dividends Earned (1099-DIV), 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC for work done as an independent contractor or self-employed, Mortgage Interest and Real Property Taxes paid on a home that you live in, etc.)
- If you are self-employed, you must have a general excise tax license and have all of your income and expenses calculated
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING AND BRINGING COPIES OF YOUR TAX DOCUMENTS WITH YOU. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AT THE SITE.
WE DO NOT DO RETURNS FOR:
- Landlords or anyone who owns or sold investment real estate
- Partnerships, Corporations, Multi-member LLCs,
- Farming or Fishing Businesses
- Any business with employees or that is claiming a loss, even if it’s a sole proprietorship
- Anyone who is not a resident or is not a resident alien with a green card
- Anyone who has a visa
PICK UP DAY:
The volunteer will review the return with you. If the return is accurate, you will sign a Form 8879 to allow for the e-filing of your return with the IRS and the State. We will give you a hard copy of your tax return for your files. If your spouse passed away in 2020 and you are filing a joint return, you cannot e-file your State return. We will give you an extra hard copy for you to mail to the State Tax Department.
Lihue – 96766
HAWAII TAX HELP – Kauai
Hosted at the Kamehameha Schools Kauaʻi Resource Center
3201 Akahi Street, Līhuʻe (Next to Tip Top)
Mondays – Thursdays, 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Start: 2/16 – End: 3/31
APPOINTMENT REQUIRED – READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
This is a drop-off/pick-up site only. At the drop-off appointment, you will meet with an IRS certified volunteer who will review your tax paperwork and scan your documents to be sent securely and electronically to Hawaiʻi Tax Help’s IRS certified volunteer preparers. When your taxes are complete and ready, we will make contact with you for a pick-up appointment where we will quality review your taxes with you, print and sign your returns.
Make an appointment online at http://bookings.ksbe.edu/ksrc
- Select “Volunteer Tax Help at Kauaʻi Office”
- Pick an appointment date and time.
- Remember to bring all tax documents to your appointment.
- For faster service, print and complete a VITA Intake form here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13614c.pdf or complete an intake sheet at your appointment.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the host (Kamehameha Schools) has implemented health and safety requirements. All visitors and customers must complete a COVID screening prior to entry to the facility found here: http://wellness.ksbe.edu. Your screening results will be emailed to you. Please show a staff member at the facility the email results upon arrival. All visitors and customers must wear a facemask and practice social distancing. Only one customer will be allowed into the office at a time.
There are NO EXCEPTIONS to the required health and safety requirements. Mahalo for your cooperation, understanding and helping to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Kahului – 96732
MAUI FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
107 East Wakea Avenue
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call (808) 873-5050
Start: 2/09 End 4/15
Wailuku – 96793
MAUI COUNTY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
1888 Wili Pa Loop
Mondays to Fridays
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call (808) 856-3109
Start: 2/03 End: 4/15
ALU LIKE, INC.
10 N. Mohala Street
DROP OFF – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Call (808) 553-5393