Let us help you sponsor a free tax site!
FULL SPONSOR: Your organization must provide:
- A location for tax prep that can accommodate people with physical disabilities (ADA compliant) including parking
- At least one person to act as a Site Coordinator and Quality Reviewer
- At least one person to prepare returns
- Computers, printer, and internet access
- Assist with outreach to potential clients
- Compliance with all IRS/VITA rules and regulations
Organization must also complete and submit certain paperwork to the IRS and the Program Director in order to obtain authorization to electronically file (e-file) returns using the IRS’ software (TaxSlayer).
PARTIAL SPONSORSHIPS: Organizations would need to provide ADA compliant space and parking, tables and chairs, access to electrical outlets, and assist with outreach to potential clients. We will provide the volunteers and equipment. Since both volunteers and equipment are limited, we can establish only a limited number of these types of sites.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- Training and training materials
- Assistance with obtaining certification and understanding procedures
- Advertisement for your site. Advertising is done by newspaper ads, radio ads, flyers, the internet, and social media as the budget permits.
- Help in recruiting volunteers for your site. Volunteer recruitment is conducted using flyers, the internet, and social media.
- An experienced volunteer to assist with the setup of the TaxSlayer software and with site operations.
- Ongoing assistance with any problems or questions that arise during a site’s operations
- Some equipment if sites cannot provide their own (subject to availability and certain limitations)
- A survey form for completion by taxpayers from which demographic data and taxpayer profiles are compiled and shares the results with partnering sites.
- Light refreshments for volunteers working after regular business hours or on weekends
- End-of-season results which are compiled from various reports accessible with the TaxSlayer software.
And as a Special Thank You (subject to available funds)…
- A Mahalo and Recognition Event for all volunteers at the end of the season.